Thursday, July 31, 2014

Ahh-mazing cream

Ahh-mazing nighttime face cream

I absolutely love making my own bath and body products.  After recently learning about all the "bad stuff" we put on our bodies all day long, I decided it was time to make a change. (Just read this)

 I don't want to put things on my body's largest organ (my skin ;-)) that I cannot pronounce, much less have no idea what it's used for. But anything homemade isn't as good, right?
                        Wrong!    

So it had to be rich and creamy to meet my needs.This does it all! 


  Without further introduction, here it is:

Ahh-Mazing nighttime face cream
2 Tablespoons beeswax (I use little beadlets)
1/2 Cup hazelnut oil (I get mine here)
1/2 Cup warm tap water
6 drops lavender essential oil 
2 drops melaleuca essential oil 


2 drops frankincense essential oil


  1. Melt (med low heat) beeswax and hazelnut oil until it's liquid.  I used a double broiler method.  (glass measuring cup with ingredients in a pot of boiling water)
  2. Remove from heat. 
  3. Add essential oils. 
  4. Mix together using a submersible hand mixer. 
  5. Drizzle in water until it's all mixed well. 
  6. Place in a jar and Viola! 
ENJOY. 


A quick note about which essential oils I chose and why... 
 lavender- I am OBSESSED with the way it smells.  Plus it can help with tension and relaxation. 
 melaleuca- Has anti-bacterial properties which is perfect for my imperfect skin. 
 frankincense- Can help reduce the appearance of scars and imperfections. 

I ONLY use DoTerra oils.  They are the purest oils you can buy.  Click on the header if you are interested in buying some.

A HUGE PLUS:
My daughter has severe eczema and this really helps calm her skin!  It's a win-win.
Additionally, it's pennies on the dime to make and as long as I have a few simple products, it's easy to do!

Thanks for stopping by, 

1 comment: