Sunday, September 21, 2014

EGGS!


Super Week!
We have had such an amazing week around here I just had to share…

WE GOT OUR FIRST EGG!!!!!
(Can I get a woop woop?)
 
Sis with our first egg!


I convinced The Handyman to get chickens in June.  We have been learning A LOT and have had a few fatalities, trials, and tribulations in the process, but it was all worth it when I opened their coop on Thursday and found our very first egg. Sis and I both looked at each other and laughed because it was definitely lacking in size. She said, “Well, I guess we won’t have an egg feast anytime soon.”  It was awesome to see the process and finally have a tiny sign of success.

         Last night I boiled up our (now 3) free range homegrown chicken eggs and 2 store bought eggs.  The whole family was seriously excited.  I never really believed that fresh, homegrown eggs were better, but you know what? I believe it now. It’s something I had to find out for myself.  It is true, the yolks are darker, prettier and the egg tastes richer. I’m in love!

I LOVE THIS LIFE!



Shared on the barn hop

No comments:

Post a Comment